We invite you to rediscover the healing power of the Sacrament of Reconciliation. For many Catholics going to confession is something that is feared and often avoided. Every time we sin, we hurt ourselves, other people and God. Reconciliation (also known as Confession or Penance) is a sacrament instituted by Jesus Christ in His love and mercy to offer sinners forgiveness.
We acknowledge our sins before God and the Church. We express our sorrow in a meaningful way, receive the forgiveness of Christ and the Church, make reparation for what we have done and resolve to do better in the future.
Children show readiness to celebrate the sacrament when:
1. They know the difference between right and wrong.
2. They know the difference between sin and accidents or mistakes.
3. They are capable of saying, “I am sorry” on their own.
4. They are capable of reflecting on their actions when asked about them.
5. They understand that God will always forgive them.
6. They show sincere desire to right wrongs.
7. They have the desire to celebrate the sacrament.
8. Prayer is a part of their daily life.
9. They and their family members regularly attend Sunday Eucharist.
There is a fee of $25 to cover the cost of materials.
Reconciliation also available by appointment-call the parish office 602-942- 5555. If you have any questions regarding reconciliation, please contact the parsih office.